The first half of vacation!

So I must apologize (well...half apologize) that I've gone MIA on leave.  Getting a little lost on vacation is kind of the point.  But here's where I've been and what I've been up to over the past 2.5 weeks...



I stopped in Ft Collins to visit Paige and Jordan.  Here I am drinking an extremely hot cup of coffee made by Jordan (who is secretly a barista).




Elk Mountain in Southeastern Wyoming




Somewhere south of Pinedale, WY.  I really couldn't appreciate the "beauty" of this area the first time driving through because the wind gusts were in excess of 60mph.




Elk Reserve in Jackson, WY.




Beautiful classic car parked in downtown Jackson, WY.  How awesome would it be to drive this?!



There are 4 Elk antler arches like this in downtown Jackson, WY.  They're quite impressive!



Going for a walk in Jackson.



My first view of the Grand Tetons!  Mark my words, I'm coming back to hike this later.



It was nothing short of amazing and I didn't want to leave.  But I had a date to make with Moshe and Kija at Glacier National Park.



Bison roaming the range in Yellowstone National Park, WY.



Storm rolling in just north of Yellowstone National Park.



The only part of Butte, MT that looked nice enough for a photo



Hungry Horse Reservoir with Moshe and Kija.



Another view of Hungry Horse without our heads in the way.



Our campsite at Hungry Horse, just outside west Glacier National Park.  We had a lot of rain but we made the best of it...until someone's tent got wet inside that is!




Moshe eating gauc at a local Mexican restaurant in Whitefish, MT.



Hiking in east Glacier National Park.



This photo makes me feel like a true climber!



Moshe standing next to a tree that I'm pretty sure no longer emits oxygen...



Moshe and Kija at the top of our climb.  We saw awesome waterfalls and mountain goats on the way up.



Me at the top!



A view of "Two Medicine Lake" in east Glacier National Park.



Those mountain goats I was telling you about...




Hot springs in Yellowstone (on the return trip to Colorado)



Old Faithful...didn't get to see it spew but it was still impressive!



Driving in Yellowstone



Sunset on Jackson Lake in western Wyoming



Another view of Jackson Lake



In Grand Teton National Park



One of the BEST views of the entire trip...this is another view of Jackson Lake and the Grand Tetons



More Grand Tetons.  I could never get tired of this view.  I wish YOU were there instead of just seeing the pictures from my iPhone!




Back at the Elk Reserve, I did some running on this road!




My Subaru always gets me there!



I traveled to Fort Lauderdale, FL after my road trip for Elizabeth and Santiago's wedding ceremony...here's a nice view of the beach from Elizabeth's parents rental condo.  It was a stark difference from the mountains but certainly a welcomed view!




 With Elizabeth and Santiago after the ceremony.



A few days after returning from Florida...I drove to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park (it's not that far from my house).  I went hiking with my friend Brenna from high school, her boyfriend Ross, and a few of her friends...nice views!



A small pond we encountered on the hike...




Sunset just outside Estes Park, CO



The Colorado wildfires viewed from Estes Park, CO.



Okay folks, more to come!  Promise ;)



Comments

Popular Posts