From Dirty-30 to Spartan in 2 weeks

Okay so let's get it out of the way, I survived the Dirty-30 last weekend.  32 miles on a considerably technical course.  I paced with Tim McNamara most of the race, so we did a lot of speed hiking.  But I was glad I did, this allowed me to finish all the mileage.

This weekend I went with a couple friends to Grant's Ranch in Denver where they practiced an open water swim for their upcoming respective triathlons.  We cycled afterward and hit up a Viatnamese restaurant for some tasty Pho.  This morning I ran the Falcon trail for the first time in a long time, in my Luna Sandals, made it fine but was just a bit tired.  I'm very grateful for all that I've been able to particpate in so far this year.

Which brings me to the next awesome adventure.  This next weekend is the Breckenridge Spartan Beast.  Erin and I are headed up Friday night and will be racing Saturday morning into the afternoon.  Apparently it takes a good 6 hours or more to complete the course.  I'm hoping to perform well enough to qualify for the Army Obstacle Course Racing team this year.  If I make the team I'll get to compete in the Spartan World Championships at Lake Tahoe, CA on October 3rd.  Liam (the coach) seems to think I will do well and I hope he is right.  I know I like obstacles but it might be a stretch for me to perform in the top 10.  Only one way to find out...stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts