Pinon Canyon - let's pretend!


On my last weekend before leaving to Pinon Canyon, I had the pleasure of besting Mount Rosa again.  Here I am at the top (11,500ft) with a stick of bacon (a great hiking treat by the way).  I promise that a stick of bacon (or two) will hold you over better than a bag of trail mix.  Cheaper too.

I finally packed most of my bags for the field.  It was surprising to me how difficult it would be, but knowing that I cannot bring everything I want (all of my cold/wet weather & sleeping gear), I had to compromise.  It doesn't help that I am trying to take enough undergarments, socks, and baby wipes to keep me feeling clean for a month without a shower (and enough supplements to make up for the MREs).  Despite my efforts, noble as they may be, I'm just going to smell to high heaven.

Playing deployment starts Wednesday and runs for about a month.
Feel free to google "Pinon Canyon."

We're going to set up tents to sleep in and conduct medical treatment.
Then we're going to tear everything down and move.
Set up, work, tear down, move.
Repeat...

It's basically a 2nd brigade "get-together"
also known as a "suffer-fest."

It's camping.
Except you go during the dead of winter,
you take out all the pleasurable parts,
and you work all day and into the night.

Catch you later.

Comments

Popular Posts