Good Sunday morning to everyone!

Groundhog Day has finally ended (thanks to the new therapist arriving).  I've only seen a small number of patients as my brigade is slowly beginning to depart Afghanistan.  It'll take us a good month for most of us to get out of here, but the sun is shining and the birds are singing!


I will be leaving FOB Walton later this week to start making my way back to AMERICA!!!  For all of my buddies who have deployed, we know the trip is long and exhausting, but what awaits us at the other end are civilian clothes, fast-internet, freedom from 24/7 eye-protection, carrying a loaded weapon, and much less time wearing your hair in a bun (obviously doesn't apply to the dudes)...oh, and less I forget, our loved ones!

I'll let everyone know when I make it home...or hop on the internet if possible and tell you a wonderful travel story on my way home (although don't bet any big $ on that - hundreds of soldiers attempting to use a few MWR computers with slow internet usually means I won't be checking email, FB, or updating THE blog).

For everyone that said a prayer for me, mailed me something, thought of me, wished me well...thank you so very much.  Afghanistan is a unique place - much like America is unique in the world - except Afghanistan is wholly underdeveloped and it's pretty backwards culturally.  Everyone handles deployments a little differently, but I think what we all have in common is that we all learn to take each day at a time.  It's a simple and yet highly effective way to cope with being away from loved ones and doing pretty much the same thing every day (with a twist of fun wherever you can find it).  Nonetheless, my rambling here means one thing really - that I am grateful for being born in an amazing country and I hope that all of us will take good care of it.  I've seen what it looks like when people don't!

Signing off from the "stan-land"

Comments

Popular Posts