SNOW DAY

I decided to brave the weather and walk to the grocery store.  If it were a really hot day I might not want to walk my milk home, but on a day like this, I can take my time!

Thanksgiving has come and gone since my last post.  I flew down to TX to visit my family and get some good ole Texas home cooking (thanks mom!).  I had a nice time and was able to see almost everyone I wanted to visit.

Before Thanksgiving (but after the marathon), a fellow therapist wanted to look at my hip and see if he could get me back to running close to 100%.  I'm a month into the rehab process and have probably run a total of 22 miles.  I don't really notice a difference yet.  But even running a little is better than running 0 miles.  I thought the "season of sacrifice" were the months building up to the marathon but reigning back to let things heal (or at least try to heal) is much more difficult.  On a day like today, despite the sub-zero wind chill, I'd much rather be outside jogging in the snow on a trail than getting cabin fever.  Good news is that I'll have some time off work after this week and I can at least get in some hiking, snowshoeing, or something!

Thanks for tuning in, will try to update more than once a month!

Comments

Popular Posts