Estes Park & Eldora

It's December 22, 2012 and the world didn't end.  I'm sure there were only a handful of people in the entire world that were actually concerned that the world might end on the 21st of December...and those were also people who've used meth and/or some other psychostimulant or hallucinogen.

Anyway, this past week I made a trip up to the town of Estes Park to visit my good friends Brenna and Ross.  I always enjoy my trips to see them, but this visit was especially cool (actually frigid might be a better term).  In any case, we were able to get outside after a big snow came and enjoy the beauty of nature.  So I want to thank Brenna and Ross for the opportunity!  The photos never do justice to how beautiful the landscape really is, but it's the closest thing I can give you to actually being there.

///////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The sun trying to peak through at Mills Lake.





All bundled up and warm in this winter wonderland.






Short break









It's snowing!




We finally got some blue sky near the end of our hike.





Brenna under a snowtree :)






Looking up towards Long's Peak.




One of my favorite snow pictures of the hike...you really get a sense of how thick the snow drifts were. There were spots where even with my snowshoes I was still walking in knee deep snow!  Awesome!



I spent most of my time on the lift watching other snowboarders trying to figure out how they're linking turns without smashing their faces!





I look like a real snowboarder!  Or a motorcycle cop...



Time off work in Colorado is not to be squandered.

I have a few more photos to share but for now it's time for me to get off my blog and get some things done!  Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts