There will be love, guaranteed.

Sometimes when you get in a funk, you feel like you spend a lot of time learning about the things you don't want to do and the things you don't want to be.  It doesn't always feel like a positive learning experience.  Sometimes it feels like a suffer-fest.  You might be in a poor relationship, or stuck in a dead end job, or dealing with the loss of a loved one, or any other number of life's happenings.  Our security is a funny thing.  It can help us feel really good for a time, but it's not really security if it can be taken away so easily is it?  It's perception, not reality.

I'm always trying to plan.  I'm always looking to set myself up for success.  I don't think that is a bad thing unless the focus is extremely narrow (like if it is only self-serving).  Sometimes I get mixed up in the why and other times it's the how (or both) of the plan.  A recent read of Donald Miller's blog reminded me of a verse that many of us know and contemplate regularly.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4

It's not...
Christ can do all the things I have planned for me or
I can do all things through Christ who will make it easy.

The good news is that you're never alone.  No matter how deep the valley sinks into the darkness, you have the greatest ally with you at all times.  But don't be fooled by your false security.  That's the mistake we all make at one time or another.  You need your ally because the storm will come no matter how much you pray for sunshine.

I need an ally.  I'm correct about 5% of the time when it comes to life.  Maybe it's less, maybe 5% is bragging.  But my point is this.

There will be pain.
But there will also be love.
And there will be wonderful gifts, experiences that will move your heart and soul.
People will sacrifice for you and you will sacrifice for them.
And you will be reminded of who God really is.

You will pass this knowledge to others,
you'll show them how to love and be loved.
Through Christ you will do all the things you were meant to do.
Just don't be afraid of losing your false security.

I figure if you are doing it right, you'll only be correct about life 1% of the time.  You only win an early grave playing it safe.  Take some chances - you can do everything that matters with Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts