Party Time

Today should be the day.

It feels epic.  I have a few loose ends to tie up but today should be the start date for my entry into the California Army National Guard.  This will be the end of a 6-month process that started when I met Robert Killian at the Chicago Spartan Super in June 2018 and he introduced me to the idea...

I'd never considered the national guard because there are only 10 physical therapist positions in the guard in the entire United States.  But Robert put in a good word for me, I started working with a recruiter, and the recruiter found a different option for me.  The idea...to be a medical officer, admin.  My understanding is that I will go to work at the Guard Headquarters in Sacramento, CA.  I will help with medical readiness, possibly manage the marathon program, and be allowed to participate/try out for several of their sports programs.

I've been mostly hanging out for the past 3.5 years in the reserves.  I've met lots of amazing people, worked a little, got schooled a little, and got promoted.  But I've also been hanging out a lot.

When it comes to life choices, I have never been one to sit and do all the math.  I don't pull out the spreadsheets, calculator, or the pros/cons worksheet.  Rather I think of my choices from the perspective of my core being.  I think about the Sam inside.  She's kind of adventurous and humor is a must.  She wants to learn, then learn some more, and finally, learn even more stuff.  She wants to make a living but really hates the idea of doing something "just for the money."  She would rather take the road less traveled because it's so much more interesting.  Also she wants to run a lot.

Robert showed me a fork in the road
And I took the one less traveled by.
Maybe it will make all the difference.

Comments

Popular Posts