Telluride

Sorry for the lapse in posts lately.  Work is ramping up and I've tried to spend my weekends having some fun while still accomplishing the day to day stuff (and training for a marathon).  Elizabeth, pretty much my best friend in the world, is leaving town in about 2 weeks.  She's doing a TDY to flight nursing school en route to her new duty station (Germany!).  So I thought I'd post a few photos from the last weekend of July when I went with Elizabeth and Santiago to Telluride, CO.

Telluride is a pretty amazing place.  The weather wasn't the best, but I know the town was glad to finally get some rain.  Like much of the country, they've had drought conditions this summer as well.  And at the end of the day, mountain biking through mud and puddles isn't so bad!  Enjoy the photos!



Elizabeth riding the Gondola with our mountain bikes and Telluride in the background.



Myself on the Gondola after round #1 down the mountain (ride the Gondola up and mountain bike down, it's quite the experience!).



A view from the trail...


Post-ride muddy.  I know we actually look pretty clean but I don't think the camera is really picking up all the mud.


The Telluride Gondola station - SO fun to ride and it's free!


Elizabeth's Subaru parked near Bridal Veil Falls


Bridal Veil Falls.  It's a beautiful waterfall but just as awesome is the view of Telluride from this area.


The view of Telluride from Bridal Veil Falls.



Telluride from the Gondola


Santiago and I riding the Gondola


Elizabeth at Black Canyon near Gunnison, CO


Myself in the same shot...this place was AMAZING!


Don't fall in!


Another view of the river down below...we saw a kayaker from up here!


Getting some good photos


Santiago riding in the backseat


Just a few more photos of Black canyon, ENJOY!




More adventures to come, promise!

Comments

Popular Posts