Skype success :)

Just wanted to say thanks to Ruth, John, Laura, and Susan for Skyping with me earlier today (Afghan time).  It was my first time using Skype and now I am wondering why I ever waited!  It's so nice to hear from friends, but even better to see them.  Great morale boost!

Today was another slow day at the clinic, but it did give me time to finish some mandatory Army online training and get some things situated.  I met with my battalion commander today to get a short brief since he will be my senior rater for this deployment.  It was pretty interesting but all went well.  I missed dinner with my friends because I was meeting with him though, so I ate by myself at the DFAC.  It turned out to be not such a bad thing however, as I got to eat a little slower and watch part of the Alamobowl game (we get the games late here) and see Baylor have an amazing win.  Sic-em Bears!

I'm off to bed now...well, reading a little first.  Thanks to Meghann for borrowing me the book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot.  I am only about halfway finished with it but it's a good story.  I also purchased a few physical therapy related textbooks to read while I'm here...since I feel it never hurts to add more knowledge.

It's 9:10pm on 30 Dec 2011 here...tomorrow is the last day of the year.  I told myself that I wouldn't start counting down the days of my deployment until it was at least 2012...so I'll start after tomorrow :)

Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear your doing alright over there. I pray for you everyday :). As soon as I can I will send you a package sis. Take care of your self. Love you, miss you xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVED Skyping with you, Sam!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be a stupid question but how do I get a package out to you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts