Baltimore, Maryland

I have a bit of a long layover in Baltimore so I thought I would do a quick update...the travel has been fairly uneventful thus far except for some turbulence my plane encountered on the way to Atlanta, GA.  I had just finished using the bathroom and was washing my hands when I felt the plane drop...then drop some more...then drop some more.  This was hands down the most turbulence I'd ever experienced on an aircraft that large, I felt like I was on a roller coaster!  I grabbed the handles with soapy hands and sat on the tiny floor until everything settled.  When I felt sure we were in the clear, I opened the door to leave.  Just across from me was a gentleman in the other restroom who was sitting on the toilet (with his pants on) and holding on for dear life.  He had the door cracked and he was looking out...when he saw me he asked if it was okay to get out of the bathroom.  It was pretty funny at the time.  The flight stewardesses looked pretty shaken up by the turbulence too but they got right back up and started serving drinks.  I made my way to my seat as quickly as I could, but was blocked by flight attendants coming towards me down the aisle.  Just as we all met one another, the plane experienced more turbulence and we all dropped to the floor and held on the seats.  By that point I was feeling a little whoosy.  Thank goodness that was the last of it...I sat back down, fastened my seatbelt low and tight, and the rest of the flight was smooth!  Heading from Atlanta to Baltimore, I had to run to the restroom again...and I'm pretty sure I had PTSD trying to hurry so I could get back to my seat!

I'm missing Dec 15th entirely....when I get to Manas Air Base it will be early in the morning of Dec 16th.  Since I am traveling into the future at a slightly faster rate than most people on earth, do I age faster?  I'd have to ask Stephen Hawking that one.

We're supposed to stop in Germany and Turkey along the way for short layovers...should be a blast!

Thanks for all the prayers and messages!  Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Hey sis, sounds like your having the time of your life. Enjoy and please stay safe :) love ya heather

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts