I could have probably run the entire 12 miles on the treadmill, but since it wasn’t raining yet, I decided to put in at least a few outside.  The running route around the expansion was recently upgraded; it’s wider now and the rocks are packed down.  That’s the plus side.  The downside is that today it just so happened to be windy and somewhat cold.  So I squeaked out 8 miles and by the time I finished I had an impressive layer of Afghan dust covering me.  In other words, my sweat had turned to mud, my teeth were gritty, and I was sneezing and wheezing dirt.  Then I finished with 4 miles on the treadmill.  And despite how bad it may have been, I am actually very lucky to have a place to run.  This past week I visited OCCD to see patients and they have…a small circle at the HLZ about .10 miles in length that they can run around.  And for dozens of soldiers, they only have one working treadmill (covered in dirt) in an “outdoor tent” positioned on a hill (you’re always running uphill no matter how you set the incline).  I made it about 3 miles on that treadmill.


OCCD Aid Station: PFC Judkins, myself, MAJ Fuller


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts