It's Wednesday night here and I have a little time to write.  Not much new to report, I will be leaving this weekend to an outpost to see patients and should be back some time in the middle of next week.  I'm hoping that I am able to take enough gear/supplies with me to do some good.  It's hard packing an entire physical therapy clinic on your back (plus enough personal stuff for several days).

If you're wondering what the deployed physical therapist sees a lot of...it's back pain, shoulder pain, and knee pain.  Occasionally something interesting walks in the door (like a spondylolisthesis), but mostly it's your usual things.

While it's still quite a while before I leave, we're already contacting our counterparts that will be replacing us in a few months.  The physical therapist with the unit that is replacing ours will also come here and use this clinic, so I'm connecting with that person now to make sure they are stocked with supplies when they hit the ground.  We will all have quite a bit of overlap between our units to ensure that everyone is squared away before we leave.  So for now, it's just time for me to buckle down and finish this deployment strong.  Hopefully I won't encounter anything I can't handle!

Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts, and well-wishes.  Feel free to post questions or comments if you have any...I'm no Afghanistan expert but I've learned a lot since I've gotten here!

Comments

Popular Posts