Talk about a hiatus from patient care!  I saw my first patient today since late April.  It went pretty well...got to pull the needles out and see my patient go from only touching his shins to touching the floor by the time we'd finished.  Increased mobility!

It stormed here today.  When it rains here in the summer, it can go from 90 degrees to 65 in a matter of minutes.  It's an amazing experience, like a cold front is blasting through.  One minute you're outside pouring sweat, the sun burning your skin, and the next you're shivering under darkened skies amidst 50mph wind gusts and pelting sheets of rain.  You'd better be ready in the summer when they say it might storm.  I didn't stray far from my car when I went for a run and it's a good thing.  Very sad to have heard that 2 people recently died from a lightning strike in Houston, TX.  I guess it's a rare enough occurrence that people forget just how dangerous thunderstorms can be.  I don't want to be one of those people.  Lightning is way more powerful than the electrical charges that keep my heart beating.  I opt to cut the run short.

Not a whole lot to report...oh yeah, other than my birthday is on Saturday!  Yay for 27 years old!  I don't care about getting older.  Gee, who'd want to be 18 years old again?  Okay, maybe it would be fun...I don't remember so much responsibility then.  But I'm very happy to report that friends will be coming over to visit on Saturday which will make it a very special birthday.  There's a lot to commemorate between the entire gang (babies, marriages, birthdays, farewells), so it's a great time to get together.  I'm very fortunate to have so many wonderful people in my life.

I hope everyone has a good "work week" or vacation week if that's the case.  Don't work too hard and make sure to enjoy what work you do.  Take a little extra time for the people around you, I can't imagine you regretting it.

Comments

Popular Posts