Dare I say it's been awhile since I've written!  The last few weeks I've spent so much time at work (and using a computer) it's difficult to spend any amount of time on the internet at home, even for fun.  It makes my eyes feel old.

I'm relaxing at the end of a good Sunday catching the end of Dumb and Dumber on Comedy Central.  This morning I ran the last long run of my marathon build up.  It was an odd start when I parked at America the Beautiful Park and witnessed four police cars, a fire truck, and an ambulance pull in behind me...one officer got out of his car and made his way to what I always thought was an abandoned building, other officer blocked the road...  I "re-parked" out of their way and decided to go about my run.  The run itself went well...it was a gorgeous morning with snow atop Pikes Peak.  When I finished the run most of the police and emergency response team had left, but there were still 2 police cars parked and I saw a local news anchor getting ready to broadcast "live from the field."  I'd still like to know what happened.  As I got in my car I looked across the road to the railroad tracks.  Another interesting note for the morning...there were a slew of Army trucks and Army tanks as cargo on a train standing still.  I know I'm near an Army base...I work there...but that's not something I see every day.

Later in the afternoon after I recovered somewhat from the run I drove out to Woodland Park to hike the Crags.  It's not a long hike or a hard hike, but it's one of the more scenic hikes in the area (and that's saying a lot).  I'm definitely going back again.









I'm leaving very early Friday morning for Washington DC.  Next Sunday is "round #1," the Army 10-miler.  I have a week to recover in DC before "round #2," the Marine Corps Marathon.  I'm crossing my fingers my hip will hold up.  I'm not leaving anything to chance though, even taking acupuncture needles along with me for treatment.  But if I can race fairly well and not hurt myself, that will be a satisfying accomplishment.  I almost quit training a couple months ago because my hip hurt so much.  Ultimately I'd like to be a sub-3hr marathoner, but it's one thing at a time.  Health first.

It's 8:20pm which means I need to start getting ready for bed.  Who said being an adult was cool?

Comments

Popular Posts