Haven't written in a little while...things were pretty busy leading up to my TDY to Washington D.C.  Tomorrow is the Marine Corps Marathon, the race for which I've been training for the bulk of the year. Granted I had all kinds of issues with my hip beginning this summer, but tomorrow I can graciously step to the line with all of the hard miles behind me.  Sure the race will be challenging, but the training was where the rubber met the road, it was how I got in shape, prepared for the fight.  Now I just have to lay out the best 26.2 miles I can.

Tropical storm Sandy is on her way, not sure exactly how it will affect the race or my flight back to Colorado.  I may be delayed.  But in life it's a small thing.  Enjoy the photos...

2012 Fort Carson Women's Army 10-miler Team - we placed second against the other Army installations.




From Arlington National Cemetery - The Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier







2012 All-Army Marathon Team
(Armed Forces Competition - Marine Corps Marathon)


All of the members in the Armed Forces Competition



Yours truly, the Washington Monument


Other assorted D.C. photos...





Nicole Solana and I geared out in our All-Army attire - GO ARMY!


Comments

  1. Are the flip-flops part that attire? Lol love you sis! You don't know how proud I am of you! Honored to call you my sister :-) love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe with hurricane sandy on its way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts