"Life happens outside of your comfort zone."

It's time for a short update on my quest for better health.  If you read my last post, you know that recently I decided to start putting my health first.  And I mean first.  Unless the house is on fire...then I'm evacuating the house...I'll worry about preparing a nice salad later.

But it looks so darn yummy!


It's not just improving my diet by ridding myself of most processed foods and eating whole, fresh foods instead.  I've also changed my training paradigm and I'm working to better deal with work/life stresses.  While it's very early in my journey, I love the quote which I titled this post after..."life happens outside of your comfort zone."  I'm very happy to report that I'm not just changing some of my habits, but just as importantly I am beginning to change my mind.  This has perhaps been one of the most clarifying moments in my life in a long time.  This is what I'm realizing (and this will be corny)...

*The mind and the spirit are powerful even when my body is weak.

*I hold the key to change.  Excuses are traps.

*I don't need to listen to naysayers.  They aren't living my life.

*Asking myself, "if I continue on this path, where will I end up down the road?"is one of the best ways to clarify my priorities, goals, and plans of action.

*If I can change, so can other people.  That is if they want to change.

*I don't have to know everything or even do everything right to be successful, I just have to know what direction I want to go and what I can do today to go in that direction.

*I've thought that more discipline in my life might feel like prison.  It doesn't.  It actually feels like being let out of prison.  The shackles are off!

Maybe part of my brain died and that's why I'm not craving sweets.  I'm not sure how that works but it's like I'm letting go of an addiction.  I'm excited to see what other shackles I can break.  I don't know where you're at in life, but speaking from my experience, it's okay to let go of your comfort zone.  I promise it's not a recipe for disaster.  If you're tired of the plateau, work to gain some elevation.  Try something new, enjoy the ride, and share it with the rest of us :)


Comments

Popular Posts