Another great weekend in Colorado Springs.  Enjoy the photos!

Friday's sunset outside Crossfit SoCo







Taking time to stop and smell the roses on my own patio.  Must have been the Miracle Grow and the Colorado sunshine!





Deer in the neighborhood.



View of Pikes Peak from America The Beautiful Park.  This is the park I often run from on my long run days.  Today was another 20 miler.  I wasn't particularly fast but happy to say I'm healthy enough to train!




Saturday afternoon at Oktoberfest with Baby Evan Snell...we were burping!



Thought of the week.

It took me awhile to come around.  For a long time I wanted to believe that "I would get there" and "everything would make sense."  At some point I could explain everything, at least to a level that would take away the sting of all that's wrong in the world.

I wanted black and white.  God gave me an entire palette of color.
I asked for straightforward and God gave me messy.
I wanted to store up all I had for the winter and God made me use it now.

God has other things in mind for us and they all involve trust.  It's not blind trust.  It's faith that comes from constantly asking for daily bread.  We can't just take the answers we want to hear.  We can't just take the part of God's love that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy.  Some of it is tough love.

I want power and control.
Rubbish.

I want to predict tomorrow.
Ridiculous.


We are sold a life that doesn't actually exist and you can thank every ulterior motive out there.  Politicians, yes.  Marketing, for sure.  Your boss, that bad really?  Your family, hope not but it can happen!

Regardless of the source of confusion, the point is that if you aren't asking for daily bread, you're  probably starving.  Without the weight of the world occasionally on my shoulders, I wouldn't be all that hungry.  Consequently, I don't guess I'd have any understanding of God.  I'd be like those cave people satisfied just to stare at carvings on the wall and not realizing the real world is outside.

Comments

Popular Posts