MAIL TIME!

Today was a busy day in the clinic...at least it felt that way.  Patient load has picked up since CPT Bluemle left and the holidays ended.  People are still dropping heavy objects on themselves, overdoing it at the weight room, throwing out their shoulders, and having back pain!  There's also more and more buzz that I'll be doing some traveling out here, but I can't say how often or for how long I will leave my FOB.  I'll keep you all updated and in the loop!

Every once in awhile...I get the luxury of forgetting that I'm in Afghanistan...particularly the idea that I'm in a war zone.  It's usually pretty hard to forget...because everyone is wearing their uniform and carrying a weapon and there are helicopters flying around all the time.  So I am reminded often that it's a dangerous place.  But today's "forget I'm in a war zone experience" was getting mail!  I was overwhelmed with joy to open packages from my parents, my friends Janice & Abe, and my great Lipscomb pals, Ruth, Susan, Laura (and I'm sure John helped out too!).  I also got a card from Valerie - which I think covers all the upcoming holidays in the same card (very clever!).  I'll post some Facebook pics in the following days when I get the pictures up on my wall.  I can't thank you all enough for the packages and cards...you could offer me a suitcase full of $100 bills and I'd still rather have your cards.  And Janice - the rum cake was gone in 60 seconds...it survived and it tasted AMAZING!

As far as that whole "rainy" season business goes...it sprinkled here today, just enough to wet the ground. But they're calling for 60% chance of rain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Comments

  1. Hooray, Sam!! I'm so happy you like your packages (and that you received multiple ones on the same day)!!! We all love you SO much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts